New Me!

New Me!

Friday, November 9, 2012

November 9, 2012 - what's new in November

November 9th - an update on the radiation burns - other than a little bit of pealing skin remaining, the burns are healing quite well. My checkup with my oncologist and plastic surgeon are on Thursday this coming week. Other than tiredness, I've had some low back and leg pain which I feel is a different pain than my normal back pain. It could be due to me trying to get back to DAHLC (Mayo's fitness center) to get back into shape or the meds I'm on for hot flashes. This will certainly be a topic of conversation at my appointment. Also Dr. Moynihan has given me the ok to come off the Lovenox (blood thinner) by the end of 2012!!!! It is good news!!!! Giving yourself shots in your belly twice per day is not a fun thing. I have a greater respect for diabetic people that have to do that daily. Update on Ben, he will be getting the IVIG treatments this next week. They will be staying with us for four days as he will be getting the treatments on an outpatient basis at St Mary's. The treatments take about four hours to complete so they will be at the hospital most of the mornings. Good luck to you my sweet grandson! Prayers are coming your way for this treatment to aid in your recovery for your little leg. God be with you! Today I'm heading into the DAHLC for a Reiki treatment. Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. So I'll see how I feel after this...can't wait! Have a great weekend with your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment