New Me!

New Me!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

April 29,2012 - 9th Chemo Tx-Weekly Update

April 29th - I was able to receive my 9th chemo tx last Monday with blood counts waivering on the low end but I'm thankful that I was able to move forward on my chemo journey.  This week proved to be very tiring for me with very low energy.  I will be finishing the study part of my chemo on Monday so that will be out of the way....Amen!!  Since I missed two previous Taxel treatments due to low counts I have to 'make them up'.  This coming Monday I receive the final Carboplatin chemo (study chemo) along with Taxel.  The Carboplatin, historically, has been the chemo that causes me to not have treatment the next week as it's very rough on me....let's hope that is not the case this time!  We meet with Dr. Moynihan last Monday and he said that once I'm done with the Taxel chemo (3 more treatments), the A/C chemo will start.  This is given once every other week for 4 treatments and he indicated that this will make be even more tired.  I'm not sure how that will be possible but it sure DOES NOT sound fun!  Anyways, let's take one day at a time and hope and pray that I can receive my treatment on Monday!

My son Bill was away this week again at training in St. Paul so Cathy, Ben and dogs stayed with us from Tuesday to Thursday.  During this time we went and visited my mom, Ben's great grandmother in Hayfield.  She was delighted to see her 5th great grandchild for the first time.  He was 6 weeks old as of yesterday and he's growing like a weed!


Great Grandmother Martha and Benjamin


1 comment:

  1. Nice picture of Mom and your new grandson. Thanks for sharing!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete