New Me!

New Me!

Saturday, September 15, 2012

September 14, 2012 - Update on radiation treatments

September 14 - well, I have 7 radiation txs under my belt thus far.  I've had some mild side effects such as increased hot flashes and waking up again in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep.  This is a bummer because I sure do like my sleep!
When I met with the nurse at Desk R she suggested several lotions and creams to start using in the radiated area of my body.  Radiation thins the skin and she indicated by the 15 or so tx my skin would start turning red as if I had a light sunburn.  By the 25th tx, sometimes peoples skin will be red as if they"ve gotten a real bad sunburn and will sometime cause blistering of the skin.  During the last 10 txs I will be meeting with the nurse on a daily basis following my tx to access my skin issues, if there are any.  As of right now there aren't any...but keep your fingers crossed that it stays that way!!

You know, since I've been diagnosed with cancer I have heard of so many others that have been newly diagnosed with various forms of cancer.  I'm not sure why or how cancer ever came about but we need to find a way to stop it.!  So if I could put a plea out there...please show your support to elimate this awful disease in whatever way you can!  Participate in a walk/run to support your cause of choice, donate to the Eagles cancer telethon, along with various other ways.  All of our involvement will make a difference!  As I've said before...cancer truly sucks!

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are doing well. How's little Ben?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to get an update. really miss not having you here
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you still checking your mayo e-mail address? If not, please let me know how to reach you. I am thinking of you so often and praying all is well. Ann O

    ReplyDelete