New Me!

New Me!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

September 25, 2012 - checkup & radiation treatments

September 25 -  I had a check up with my oncologist on Monday along with completing my 13th radiation treatment.

My checkup with Dr. Tim went well.  We discussed several aspects of my continued care such as hormone therapy and future checkups. I had noticed a small bump/nodule in the armpit of the right arm where they took 23 lymph nodes.  He thinks this is due to scar tissue associated with my operation.  He thought an ultrasound should be done to rule out anything else so that was done on Monday also.  Dr. Tim called me later in the day and indicated it was a small fluid filled cyst which sometimes happens after surgery.  At this point there is no worry for recurrent cancer.  He indicated to just watch it and if it got bigger they sometimes have to remove or drain the fluid.  I'm still dealing with hot flashes and neuropathy in my left foot and we are trying to decide if another medication my help both of these along with helping me sleep.  (gabapentin)

On Monday I completed my 13th radiation treatment of 25, so I'm about half way through these!  I've developed a light to moderate "sunburn" on my chest, which is very itchy!!  They say this will get worse as the treatments continue...awesome:(

I'm trying to do my exercises every day to stretch my back and to work my arms so that I do not get lymph edema.  I have to remember to not work my right arm so much or lift heavy objects as this can increase the chances of developing lymph edema.  So far that is helping.  I don't have a lot of energy but trying to stay as active as possible.  Fall is in the air so would be a great time to get outdoors for little walks.  Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. You have such a strong postive outlook. You go Girl! Miss you

    EM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Kathy. I don't post much here, but please know I'm floating around out here to support you. I'm sure others are too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bobby, I appreciate that!
    Hope all is well with you and your family.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete