New Me!

New Me!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May 23, 2012 - what's been going on?

May 23rd - I'd first like to say Happy Birthday to my brother Larry (birthday was Tuesday) and Happy Birthday on Thursday to my Mom. She will be 85 years old and going strong!!! Love you both!!

Since I'm on somewhat of a small break until this Friday when my tests start happening, Don and I managed to get some much needed time away for a few days over last weekend. We drove down around Chicago and then up the western side of Michiagn to our ultimate destination of Mackinaw City, MI. One day we went out to Mackinac Island. Its so beautiful out there...if your not familiar with Mackinac Island, they have no cars on the island...they do everything by horse and buggy or on bicycle. For the most part it is very peaceful out there. It's almost idyllic. We spent a lot of time relaxing, enjoying the great weather and of course each other. As I said earlier, it was much needed time away to be with each other and re-energize before I start this new round of chemo next week. Thanks honey for a great time!

Tuesday, we decided to go visit Ben (and Bill and Cathy, of course)...we hadn't had our Ben fix for a while so we gathered up Don's Mom and made the trek over to North Mankato. Ben is growing like a weed. He is sitting up, with a little assistance. Recognizing you and "talking" to you, smiling and cooing. He is so precious. Love him to pieces. He will be 10 weeks old already this coming saturday. Hopefully they will be able to come home for a couple days over Memorial Day weekend.

Tests start on Friday and resume on Tuesday after Memorial Day. See Dr. Moynihan on Wednesday to get my results and start A/C chemo that afternoon. Should be an interesting few days...wish me luck and say a prayer for me!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend! Be safe!

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything is going well. Don't tell Jamie I'm using his computer.

    Cooper XOXO

    ReplyDelete