New Me!

New Me!

Monday, December 3, 2012

December 2, 2012 - Yet another surgery

December 2nd - I started back to work November 19th working half days until Thursday of this week when I will be having another surgery which will be to remove my ovaries and tubes.  This is all being done on an out-patient basis and laparoscopically unless something else is discovered while the surgeon is in there.  I pray that nothing else is found!!!!  The surgeon says its a 2-3 week recovery time which is much better than the last surgery.

This reason for all of this is to ensure that my body is producing the least amount of estrogen as possible so that it decreases the chance of a recurrence.  The ovaries are the biggest producer of estrogen thus the surgery.  I am scheduled for a bone mineral density test the 19th of December, depending on all of these results Dr. Tim will be placing me on Arimidex hormone therapy for 5 years.  I will be seeing him that day also.

Since I went back to work I've had the great opportunity to work from home which is wonderful.  I wasn't sure that I'd like it but its growing on me.

I'd like to wish my niece Alyssa happy birthday on December 4th.  Have a great day!

Also I want to remember my Dad who passed away December 4th back in 1999.  I can't believe he's been gone for 13 years already. I miss him so much still each and every day...love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment