New Me!

New Me!

Thursday, December 27, 2012

December 27, 2012 - update on hormone pills

December 27th - Well I'm about 2 weeks out from starting the Arimidex hormone pills and the side effects haven't been too bad (knock on wood).  Just a few hot flashes and joint pain.  Along with the hormone pills I also have to take 1000 mg of calcium and 1000 IU's of vitamin D3 on a daily basis.  This is because the bone mineral density test showed that I was on the verge of having osteoporosis which causes fractures and we don't want that to happen.  Also the Arimidex causes bone thinning also not good.  I will also have to have two shots per year of Xgeva which is a bone strengthener.  Lets hope the side effects are kept at bay for many years to come as I have to take the hormone pills at least for the next five years or more.

I will be starting back to work starting 1/2/2013 working half days through January, the upping to 6 hours per day in February with the hopes of returning full time in March.  So have to get my brain back into work mode...aghhhh!

Christmas was very fun this year with little Ben.  He was on cousins, aunts/uncles, grandparents, great grandparents and present overload.  We had the Kramer Christmas at the villa in Hayfield, the Gerhart Christmas at Mary and Jerry's here in Rochester and our family Christmas at my daughters home and he made all three and did extremely well!!  It was so much fun seeing everyone!!

Don and I hope that you all have a blessed and healthy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment