New Me!

New Me!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

March 3, 2012 - You won't believe what my Hubby did!

March 3rd - Just a quick update on my appointments on Friday - they all went well and I am now awaiting the results.  Might be a week or two before I hear.  I have an apointment with Dr. Tim tomorrow morning and then chemo tx in the early afternoon.  I am planning on going to pick up the 'wig' that I had picked out a few weeks back as the hair is really coming out now...much, much thinner!

Having said that I have to tell you what my great husband did yesterday.  He had told me a while back that he would shave his head for me when my hair finally came out but yesterday he was bound and determined to have his head clean shaven before mine was.  So he got out the razor and we proceed to shave it off. 
This was before...see there is some there on the sides!

And this was after....
I still look at him in amazement that he actually did this for me.  At first he really wanted racing strips on each side but that progressed to a clean shaven look with shaving cream and the razor - the whole works.  Plus he also shaved off his goatee which he'd had for years.  Granted he didn't have a lot of hair to being with but now he looks way different. 

I cannot begin to explain what this means to me for him to do this.  It really made me feel that he is in all of this cancer stuff with me - not just beside me (which I know he is) but really with me and I appreciate that so much.  I couldn't do this all without the support of him, for sure and my family and friends!

I love him more today than ever!  Thank you Don  - I will never forget this!
Next step is for him to shave mine....I'm sure there will be photes once that happens!


3 comments: