New Me!

New Me!

Friday, February 24, 2012

February 24, 2012 - What happened all week?

February 24th – Sorry I’ve been MIA (missing in action) all week so I'll bring you up to speed.

Monday evening/night proved to be not as bad as the previous Monday.  However I did have pains and burning sensations in my legs and arms and did not sleep welll but definitely not as bad as the week before.  This appears to be the pattern after the chemo treatment.  Wednesday and Thursday I was somewhat sick to my stomach most of the day and night, felt nauseated but did not actually get sick that way however the other end wasn’t so friendly.  I and the porcelain throne became good friends those couple days.   

Early Wednesday morning, Don left for a trip to Scottsdale, AZ on a five day biking extravaganza with six or seven of his biking friends from Lakeville, MN.  They  had their bicycles shipped down and then they all flew down later.  I’ve talked to him each evening and he’s says that they’ve had wonderful weather (in the 80’s) each day and getting in 80+ miles of riding in per day…needless to say he is in heaven and I’m glad he decided to still go with all that is going on with me. He will be back late Sunday night. 

Also on Wednesday I met a long time high school friend (Teresa) for lunch.  We had great conversation about how it sucks getting old and how our backs, knees, and other parts of our body don’t seem to cooperate as they did 30 years ago.  Thanks Teresa, I have a wonderful time.

Thursday I had a massage scheduled at DAHLC and I was going to cancel however they evidently will not cancel after 24 hours prior to the appointment.  Even though my stomach was still not cooperating I went in for my ½ hour massage (should have done an hour but maybe next time).  I’m glad I did as my back/shoulders/neck were in a knotted mess.  Maybe it was what the doctor ordered as I was feeling much better after the massage – even my stomach! 

I had been thinking long and hard about my hair – about 2-3 weeks ago I cut about 4-5 inches off to kind of prepare myself for the inevitable but I was still not sure that was going to be enough of a change for me when the hair does finally start falling out.  I scheduled an appointment with my hair dresser and we settled on a pixie haircut.  My hair has not been this short for probably 14 years.

So what do you think?!?!?!?  It's not easy to get use to, that is for sure...
Today, I mostly hung out with Marie as she had the day off.  We had a fun day together...thanks Marie! 
Hope you all have a great weekend! 

9 comments:

  1. You look great, Kath! Your beautiful! Nothing to worry about.
    Thanks Teresa. I remember you and Kathy, being good buds in school. Thanks for your support. It means more than you know. And Marie, thank you for being there, for your mom. Family support is the ultimate blessing! Keep biking, Don! Your a couple years older than I am, but in better shape. I'm proud of Bill, too. "Yes Officer"..

    That's all from the Kramer Compound.
    God Bless you, Kathy.
    love, little bro,
    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here Kathy... You look great. The cut is perfect for your face. I may have to go to your hair dresser for the same cut. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily... Love from your older sister. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We like the new look! The blog is great keeping us informed. Love your attitude Kath, you go girl.

    We daily pray for God to go ahead of you in all your battles.

    Love ya,
    Doug & Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, you look absolutely awesome! Out with the old and in with the new you. You are in my prayers daily. I can tell from your marvelous attitude that God is giving you plenty of strength and help in every way possible.
    Hugs, Teri Perez

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, we love you new haircut!! we pray for your recovery and healing as god sees to it. We love you and your family very much. Stay strong, as we will be strong for you as well. Jake says thank you a ton for the vikings shirts and game, he wants to play the game with you now. Like I said, love your new hair and we love you as a person and family member. I love the blog, that way mom and dad are keeping up on your journey with you as tell them what is going on. Love You, Kevin,Laurie,Matt and Jake

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just remember it takes one classy and confident lady to pull off short hair and it fits you perfectly!

    Renae S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks great Kathy!
    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your hair short! I am sorry I was not able to come down last weekend, I actually did not even got to Wabasha, had too much going on here. I still plan to come down, but will be in a week or so. Taylor and I are going to watch his baseball team play in Florida for a week, as he was red shirted, so we are driving down. Airfare was crazy expensive, but looking at the weather on the way down today, doesn't look like much fun! Tornadoes all the way seems like, ugh! But after we get back I will be in touch, either a night after work or on the weekend. I will let you make the call at that time, dependign on how you feel. Love ya and my thoughts and prayers are with you every day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks Judy. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete