New Me!

New Me!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

February 5, 2012 - Baby shower

February 5th - today Marie had a baby shower for my daugher-in-law, Cathy, at my home in Rochester.  Cathy's Mom, Char and sister, Amy from Spokane, WA made the trip back along with Cathy's sister-in-law, Rachel from the Milwaukee area.  There were many other family and friends that were also able to join in the festivities - two of my sisters, Mary and Nancy,  Mary's daughter-in-law, Lindsay and her daughter, Addison, Cathy's aunt, Judy and future sister-in-law, Tammy & niece, Kirsten, & three friends from St.Peter.  They were all willing to wear pink 'find a cure' bracelets in my honor!  I am so very blessed to have so many wonderful people praying and pulling for me! 

Cathy received many great gifts for that new baby that is due the first part of March...only a month away and Don and I will be grandparents for the first time! 

This is a very bittersweet time for me as I'm very nervous & anxious of the months that lay ahead for me with my treatments and surgery but very happy and excited for a new beautiful soul to join our family soon.  Really what could be more inpiring for me to beat this cancer than a beautiful grandchild!  I have to will keep the faith!! 

A special thanks to my daughter, Marie, for planning such a fun and special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment